I ask myself this everyday. I ask myself, what can I be doing to be a better me and so should you.
We all have dreams to be ‘that better person’ and we probably spend more time thinking about it, then actually putting in the time to make it happen.
I am realizing more and more each day that we are more capable than we realize.
- We are able to do more, if we just simply do.
- We can reach further, if we stretch out.
- We can grow quicker if we are willing to stand up.
With all this in mind, I think my biggest realization has been the importance of following passions, genuinely following your heart and being you for you.
We go through school with our end goals changing each year based on the results we achieve or the guidance of teachers. This is great and can open us up to some amazing opportunities, however… If you were tell them you were not going to go to Uni, and you were going to follow your dreams (whatever it may be), the reaction is usually to have a backup plan, to go to Uni or a have degree in place to get you into that classy job or where society wants you.
Please do not take this the wrong way.
1. There is nothing wrong with Uni and following a directed and guided recommendation of where you can kick-start your journey into the world.
I went to Uni, I also have a degree and I also work at the worlds largest professional services firm in the world (in terms of revenue) and I love every ounce of it.
2. Following your dreams, your passions and your heart is and should purely be done at your own risk. As, if you literally only do these 3 things, then you may need to sacrifice, or rebel from the usual way society suggests to us. BUT – you can still follow your dreams, your passions and your heart without sacrificing everything. I do it.
I want you to take a moment and identify to yourself what are 3 Hobbies You Love?
Of these 3 which can do the following?
1. Make you money
2. Keep you in shape
3. Be creative
I will share mine – but I would love to hear yours!
1. Entrepreneur – this makes me money
Maybe not as much as I have dreamed, but it is a starting point. I have taken chances on a number of opportunities over the years:
– Small Business’s
– Innovative Ideas’s
– Side Hustles
2. Healthy Lifestyle (Sugar Free Diet and a Home Gym Junkie) – this keeps me in shape
In late 2013 I took a stand and decided to make a lifestyle change (the best ever) and I went Sugar Free (natural sugars accepted).
Since then I have lost 22.5 kg and dropped from a size XL to a S. I also now hit my home gym (body vs. gravity) 5 to 6 times a week.
This also includes running, which I have recently hit over 560 km (2014), 600 km (2015) , 102 km (2016 so far) and reaching over 1200 km in total.
3. Blogging (Inspired to Motivate) – this keeps me creative
2014, I posted an encouraging & motivational picture with some inspiring words each day for the full 365 days.
2015, i did it again. but this time it was hosted over at www.clfurlong.com and shared accordingly.
2016 has been the launch of www.365.christopherfurlong.com which a revised and upgraded version of the Project 365 series ran in 2015.
I originally started blogging back in 2009, which was composed of rants, vents, everyday wonders and random encounters of the big wide world.
Now I have a plan to do one thing only:
I want to innovate, be innovative and promote success through all that I do and to the people around me. I wish to spread happiness and express life through my actions. I plan to create opportunity through my visions, dreams and inspire those around me to aspire further in their own lives.
With this all in mind – these are the high levels of what I call my hobbies. I also have plenty of others and I also have other passions which are major parts of my life.
The point is…
- You all have a chance at life once.
- A chance to be you.
- A chance to make a difference.
- A chance to follow your dreams and your passions.
- You have a chance to live a life full of wonder, a life full of joy and creativity.
- You have a chance to know God and you have chance to wanderlust.
- Whatever it is you do and choose to do. Do it well. Do it with your heart and do it with love.
- Make each day, a day to remember.
- Make each day a day worth living not for yourself – but for the people around you.
- You are a representation of what you believe and what stand for.
What you show will determine what people think about you. So show yourself and show your heart. – Chris Furlong
If you enjoyed this blog – please share this. I would love to hear what you have to say, so feel free to leave a comment too.