“You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.” – Andrew Murphy
Firstly, grab some paper, a journal would be better. Grab a pen, your favorite of course and see below 24 questions that will potentially take you forward and jolt you outside your current reality:
- What would happen if you just went for it?
Deep down, you want to go for it. But you’re scared. The good news: even if you’re scared, you still have a choice. Fear doesn’t run your life; you do.
- Who are you?
Write down a list of what’s important to you about life.
- Who are you really?
What was important to you before other people told you what was important to you?
- What’s your deepest, most secret desire?
You know it’s there. Just be honest and admit it. You’ll feel amazing… and free.
- If you knew you couldn’t fail, what’s the benefit of not beginning?
Bet you can’t think of a good answer for this.
- If not now, when?
The past is gone forever and the future is anything but guaranteed. What are you waiting for?
- Who’s permission do you need?
You know you only need your own permission, but do you seek someone else to tell you it’s ok?
- What’s stopping you?
If you haven’t started working towards what you truly want, something is.
- Who or what is holding you back?
The only answer to this: you.
- If you don’t know what you want, why on earth aren’t you trying to find out?
Unless you’re content to just drift through life, never knowing where you’re going, and never being truly fulfilled.
- When you know what you truly want, will you actually do anything about it?
Most people ignore it or talk themselves out of doing it.
- What’s important to you?
Make a list. Be honest with yourself.
- What’s really important to you?
Seriously. Be honest. Otherwise this is pointless.
- If you wrote a list of everything that’s important to you, would you even be on it?
If you’re not, is there a good reason for that?
- If you don’t prioritize yourself, how will you ever be happy?
It’s not going to happen by accident.
- What’s the excuse you use the most?
Would to tell your best friend to use that excuse?
- When will you stop using your excuses?
Excuses stop you from getting what you truly want. If you’re happy with that, then keep using them.
- Do you feel good when you know you’re using excuses?
I’m guessing you don’t. Just a hunch. And I bet you feel great when you make progress. Just saying.
- Will you ever get what you want if you keep making excuses?
Make all the excuses you want. Just make sure you don’t wake up one day and finally admit that’s what you’ve been doing.
- Why won’t you just be honest with yourself?
Lying to yourself is easy most of the time because we’re so practiced at it. But it’s not the right thing, and you know it. It might be painful to be honest right now in this moment, but it’s much more painful to lie to yourself forever.
- How long can you go on doing what you’re doing?
6 months? 1 year? 5 years? If you don’t take action and do something different, nothing will change.
- When you’re totally honest with yourself, what will happen?
Great things, right?
- Do you choose comfort over happiness?
There’s a big difference. Find out what that difference means for you, and what you’re currently choosing.
- If any of these have resonated, are you gonna make an excuse or actually do something about it?
If any of these have resonated, are you gonna make an excuse or actually do something about it?