What if I told you, that there are some secrets to life which enabled you to have joy each and every day and to be simply happy. Here are 10 small life-hacks/routines, you can utilize to make your day that little extra exciting.
- Make time for yourself. Whether you need it or not, tell people you are busy. This is a legitimate excuse.
“In a world of distraction and competing demands, mental focus is a scarce yet precious commodity. If you want more of it, you will have to be intentional about getting it.” – Michael Hyatt
- Switch off from your BAU working mentality. Once you have shut down for the night. Stick to it. Whether it is LATE or EARLY. Take the time to refuel and refresh for the day ahead.
- Give yourself the permission to buy any book at any time – but only if you will read it. This is an investment to you so it is worth every penny.
Reading might be one of the most important things you can do to better yourself. It’s the wisdom of brilliant minds condensed down to a $20 and 2-day commitment
- Drop the windows, turn up the music and drive with a bounce. If people look at you – just smile and start dancing. Live a little…
“You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” – William W. Purkey
- Be the guy/girl who leaves a large tip on a napkin. You will never know what you have done directly for the person individually – but you will know it will make someones day. Pay the extra $10 and you could buy someones happiness in an instant. It’s the little things that count.
- Rest and get plenty of it. You know your limits, so stick to them. A lack of rest will lower sanity, productivity and attitude…
- Write down your thoughts. Whether it be 10 things you enjoyed, 10 things you didn’t. Write something big or something small. Write to a time limit, or write to a word count. Just write as it will help formulate cohesive thoughts.
- Create an uninterrupted routine for the first hour of the day. This will speed-stream your morning.
“Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.” – Lemony Snicket, “The Blank Book”
Mornings are crucial – they dictate your attitude, your perceptions and your energy for the day. Give yourself the gift of a predictable, enjoyable, rejuvenating morning routine.
- Let lose your creative side and doodle. This is a great way to visualize your conscious and subconscious thoughts. Whip out a pen and give it a go.
- Quit and remove whatever doesn’t add value to your life. Bootstrap your life. Have the ability to simplify your life, eliminating the unnecessary so that the required and necessary can come alive.