But with this aside, like anything great, it takes a series of smaller steps and time to get there.
So what can you do, what steps can you apply each day and every day to ensure that you’re being intentional with your time and spending it on your priorities. Incorporate these tips into your daily routine and watch your success soar!
But first you should always know:
Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
So here is what you can do:
- Define your priorities – daily
- Set your schedule for the day in advance
- Eat the frog – do whatever is the biggest challenge of the day first
- Be honest with the person in the mirror
- Set your own deadlines before the real ones
- Minimize distractions
- Pause – take a break regularly
- Plan backwards
EXAMPLE:For example, say you want to lose 12 kgs. After you set an initial long-term goal of losing 12 kgs by one year from now, start planning backward and breaking the goal down into doable chunks. If you want to lose 12 kgs in one year, you’ll need to lose 0.25 kgs (1750 calories) each week. This is 250 calories per day. Many people have 3 meals and 2 snacks per day, which means you can decrease your intake by 50 calories every time you eat. That’s a totally doable goal! You’ve now taken a large, overwhelming aspiration and you broke it into very small, achievable daily goals.
- Write it down (goals, thoughts, worries, anything relevant to you and your day)
- Find a buddy – an accountability buddy
- Compare yourself to those you aspire to be like – fuel your determination
- Find a mentor! Be mentored!
- Learn to delegate and upwards too…
“If you want to do a few small things right, do them yourself. If you want to do great things and make a big impact, learn to delegate.” – John C. Maxwell
- Choose who you hang with – be wise about it
- Read, read more and read some more again