This is normal.
- We all want to know what our driving ambitions should be in life.
- We all want to have a certain life purpose.
- We all want to feel we’re on the right path.
- We all want to perfect our habits, our routines, our productivity.
- We all want to feel more certain, and perfect what we’re doing.
Let me let you in on a secret: no one is free from this struggle. Look at the most successful people you can think of — Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Obama, Taylor Swift. Do you think they have it all figured out? Do you think they have certainty and a feeling of reaching perfection? Not a chance. There is not one of us alive, not me or anyone else, whoever feels certainty about their purpose or path. If they do, they’re fooling themselves. But if they’re honest, they don’t feel that certainty.
No one ever feels they’ve found the perfect productivity routine, the perfect version of themselves … because it doesn’t exist.
You can’t know what the perfect path will be, you can’t know what the perfect you should be, you can’t know what your purpose in life is until it starts to uncover itself. You can’t know your destination until you get there. So instead of spinning your wheels with the unknowable, focus on what you actually have right in front of you.
“The heart is a muscle, and you strengthen muscles by using them. The more I lead with my heart, the stronger it gets.” – Mark Miller