Day #329: Consistency Is As Important As Correctness

Well done!. By the end of today, you have completed 90% of the year. The remaining 10% or 37 days are still just as crucial as the days that have gone by – if not more important. You need to keep the consistency!

If you have made it this far in continuing to commit to your goals and resolution this final 10% is only going to grow and help strengthen your willpower more as well as build even better self-control. Each day is a chance to continue to grow and build your skills and character and in this case, consistency is as important as correctness. How can you ever be true to your word if your actions are constantly inconsistent? Inconsistency is inherently sketchy and causes people to believe you have an alternative motive. You wouldn’t want to have come so far this year to only end up proving to people you can’t deliver let alone prove to yourself you have what it takes. 

“I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it, and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from the work.”– Louis C. K.

There is a multitude of benefits that behaving in a constant manner will offer. Patterns are important to elevate your confidence, seeing as when you make a commitment to something and follow through, you learn to trust your intentions. Your reputation will also benefit from consistency because when your behaviors reflect your words and promises, people will trust what to expect from you. There is a saying, which reads, “your reputation precedes you.” If you are known to follow through, people will appreciate that and remember you for it.

If you think you need to work on your character, the first place to look is at the patterns of your actions. Consistency is key!