Even though we don’t have control over others and external situations, we do have control over ourselves and our choices. Blaming others and events for our misfortune is an easy way out, but it doesn’t help to solve your problems. Taking on life goals or new commitments and successfully seeing these through comes down to you and your ability to deliver. Taking responsibility and admitting you screwed up takes courage. But, once you own up to your mistakes and realize you are in control of your life, you will make decisions that move you forward.
Society throws life goals at you and expects you to do this (clichés):
- Get married before you are 30
- Retire with $ 1 Million
- Become a manager
- Buy / Own a house
- Marry someone beautiful/handsome
- Make my parents proud of how much I earn
When really it should be about this:
- Get married before you are really ready!
- Retire with loads of precious memories
- Become an influence
- Build a home for the homeless
- Marry someone with inner beauty
- Make my parents proud of how happy I am
So how can you do this?
You should be working smart while at the same time believing that you have the power to make your life better.
Here’s how to work hard:
- Be grateful for what you have.
- Use what you have.
- Discover your strengths.
- Work smart while working hard.
- Find your motivation.
Even if you don’t agree with the above – the point here is: You are in control of your life. You don’t have to follow the crowd, you don’t have to meet the needs of society. Take control of the wheel and find the happiness, the lifestyle and the real you have been searching for.
“Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” ― Steve Maraboli
Photo Credit: Instagram: Photo by Anthony Intraversato @Unsplash | Location: Unknown
P365 VISUALS will be daily “inspiration” presented by a featured photo with a daily quote / or inspiring words to keep you motivated from a visual perspective. Sounds inspiring right!!
The purpose of this is to once again bring Inspiration, Motivation, and Encouragement to you daily. There will be additional content and small blogs to go with the pictures, however, the focus will be the visuals. The key focus is to provide small yet packing impacts through a visual source and give an opportunity to you the community to have your pictures featured and shared with the rest of the community.
So how can you get involved?
- Make sure you are following us on Facebook
- Make sure you are following us on Instagram
- Make sure you invite/share the content with your friends and family
- Submit your photos… If you would like to have your pictures featured, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Like 2016, 2017 brings new horizons and new opportunities. How we react and take action on these opportunities will ultimately redefine how 2017 will be. What will you do?