You should encourage yourself to take a challenge, to step out of your comfort zones and tap into the courage you have hidden inside you.
In doing so, you will learn that courage isn’t about being a hero or necessarily changing the world.
It is about identifying that we are precious, we are important, that we have emotions and they matter and that our feelings matter.
What this courage really is… is taking the step of identifying and acknowledging that we need to work on these things and it’s OK to ask for help.
Whether it be from the big man upstairs or a family member or a friend.
So I challenge you to take a moment today and identify where you are lacking.
Be vulnerable and have a chat with someone. It’s OK to ask for help!
Not sure how to challenge yourself? Try one of these beauties:
- Call someone instead of texting them.
- Wake up early and go for a run/jog/walk.
- Volunteer for a work assignment you’re not totally sure you can do.
- Take a class at the gym by yourself.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Get lunch with a colleague you don’t know.
- Be honest with someone close to you.
- Get comfortable with your own silence.
- Do something kind for someone you don’t know.
- Make a to-do list for your future self.
- Walk or bike to work instead of taking your usual route.
- Make plans to meet your friends after work and catch up – even if you’ve been avoiding making plans for weeks.
- Write down the things you want to change about yourself.
- Let go of the anger, regret, tension, and resentment that’s holding you back.
To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist. – Gail Sheehy
Image by @canva at Unknown
P365 VISUALS will be daily “inspiration” presented by a featured photo with a daily quote / or inspiring words to keep you motivated from a visual perspective. Sounds inspiring right!!
The purpose of this is to once again bring Inspiration, Motivation, and Encouragement to you daily. There will be additional content and small blogs to go with the pictures, however, the focus will be the visuals. The key focus is to provide small yet packing impacts through a visual source and give an opportunity to you the community to have your pictures featured and shared with the rest of the community.
So how can you get involved?
- Make sure you are following us on Facebook
- Make sure you are following us on Instagram
- Make sure you invite/share the content with your friends and family
- Submit your photos… If you would like to have your pictures featured, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Like 2016, 2017 brings new horizons and new opportunities. How we react and take action on these opportunities will ultimately redefine how 2018 will be. What will you do?