Throughout this time, I have limited free time and in this limited free time I am able to departmentalize and prioritize the important things. In doing so I have learned that it is the small things that will make you happy and these will be different for everybody and change over time.
But it is these small things that help you appreciate the bigger things. But as a complete opposite to this, you also learn to not care about other things – meaning they become a lower priority. Your mind begins to shuffle your once locked down mindset and it begins to adapt, haggle and become totally altered.
So what are the small things that make all the difference?
Well I like to see the best in everything I do, well at least wherever I go I try to find the positive and exciting no matter where I am or what I am doing.
I have noted this before but these are just some of the small things, which help me through the bigger picture and the longer days.
- Breakfast – whether it be 2 eggs, some porridge, some raisin toast or a banana blueberry smoothie. These all make my morning that extra special. (I don’t eat all these for one meal)
- Music – dancing / bopping to some tunes in the morning (in the shower) or while walking down the street.
- Sunrise – watching over and over the sun rise into the clouds, behind the clouds, over the horizon, in to the land and into a full bloom. This itself is a perfect reason to rise every morning.
- Routine – a small routine, a big routine, multiple routines… these are all small or big elements to a great day
- Seeing others smile – seeing those around me happy, glad and walking on sunshine is good enough to brighten my day
- Exercise – whether it is a few hours or a quick 10 minute run. I’ll take what I can get and I make the most of it.
Great things are done by a series of small things brought together. – Vincent Van Gogh
These are just some of the everyday small things that are simple areas of my life, but they make the day entirely better. Similarly, your mind believes what you tell it and show it. Like I posted a couple of days back (Day #137: Believe Reality):
Whatever you believe, with conviction, becomes your reality, whether or not it is true or false. – Brian Tracy