Mistakes regardless; will teach us, grow us and build us. They are lessons learned. Here we are again. Another day, another chance. Today is just that. A fresh reminder of a fresh start. A fresh way to jump up, to tackle a new day and come through bigger and stronger than the last.
I know personally, I want to get out there and give it a better shot. Give it a greater shot.
Don’t get me wrong. I am afraid of them. I become frustrated, I become immensely overwhelmed by the horrible feeling it gives me.
So when it comes to making a mistake and you are scared, or fearful… the best option is to just give it a go…
But the truth is, mistakes can be like gifts. Any successful person can tell you that without the mistakes they made on their journey, they wouldn’t be where they are today. So here are 10 reasons why you should be proud of making mistakes and the next time you feel scared to move forward due to making mistakes, just remember to embrace it and go in to conquer. If you slip up, GET BACK UP!
- Mistakes help us gain knowledge. If we hadn’t made the mistake we would never have learned the new lesson. It is an opportunity to grow. Own it and make it work.
“The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – John Powell
- Mistakes will trigger our creativity. When we are trying to do something which isn’t working, we are forced to look for a new solution. This forces us to step outside our normal thinking box.
“The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.” – William Connor Magee
- Mistakes help us learn to be more resilient. We learn to understand that adversity is required to overcome the challenges we face in life. Being flexible is important and making mistakes, can help us go from the same old to something new.
“The more we can embrace failure, the more we will be able to open to it and the more confident and resilient we will become.” – Karen Kimsey-House
- Mistakes show us how to be humble. Making mistakes proves we are human, and knowing humility is what makes us beautiful.
“If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
- Mistakes provide us reference points, check points and bookmarks. Every time you slip up, it is a lesson. A lesson to remember, but also a lesson to teach and share with others. Use these as reminders and references.
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work” – Thomas Edison
- Mistakes help us create and find new ideas. They force us to grow and push our limits to new regions. They help us find new things and new inspiration.
“The only sure way to avoid making mistakes is to have no new ideas” – Albert Einstein
- Mistakes give us a new courage. We become stronger each time we accept what has happened and move on. We learn to be brave.
“Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.” -Bruce Lee
- Mistakes will make us all the wiser. Each time we make a mistake, we will see how people react. We see new things about the people helping us or who are simply there.
“Some people come into your life as blessings. Some come into your life as lessons.” – Mother Teresa
- Mistakes teach us how to go about and experiment. Trying new things and new approaches, encourage a new way to innovate. If we continue to make mistakes we learn to innovate again and create something better.
“Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes, It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” – Steve Jobs
- Mistakes help us understand better who we are. We get to know the worse enemies of them all. Ourselves. We learn to overcome, we learn to adapt and mold how we do and react. Without the mistakes, we would struggle to understand our complexes.
“In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.” – Warren Buffett
Just remember – they do not define you, they help create you into the greatness you are.
Photo Credit: Instagram: @canva | Location: Unknown
P365 VISUALS will be daily “inspiration” presented by a featured photo with a daily quote / or inspiring words to keep you motivated from a visual perspective. Sounds inspiring right!!
The purpose of this is to once again bring Inspiration, Motivation, and Encouragement to you daily. There will be additional content and small blogs to go with the pictures, however, the focus will be the visuals. The key focus is to provide small yet packing impacts through a visual source and give an opportunity to you the community to have your pictures featured and shared with the rest of the community.
So how can you get involved?
- Make sure you are following us on Facebook
- Make sure you are following us on Instagram
- Make sure you invite/share the content with your friends and family
- Submit your photos… If you would like to have your pictures featured, please send to email@example.com
Like 2016, 2017 brings new horizons and new opportunities. How we react and take action on these opportunities will ultimately redefine how 2017 will be. What will you do?