You have come this far, don’t stop now! By the end of today you will have made it halfway through the year. For those on the journey to outlast your resolution to the end and are still on target, my hat goes off to you! You deserve a gold star and a quick reminder that you have conquered the first mountain! By now you should have learned the different meanings of self-control, persistence, goal setting, overcoming fear, success, perspective and of course a new feeling of joy! Keep at it, as the next half is going to be a challenge too!
For those still struggling or haven’t started. It is not too late to begin. And today’s message is for you. At the start of the year, you may have set out to do wonders, to conquer this or that. Maybe you started strong but have lost the plot, maybe you didn’t start at all. Regardless, it would seem you still have a bit to go.
So I ask you this. How much do you want it? What is it you even want? If you could still do one thing before then end of the year, what would it be? Maybe you have multiple things? There is nothing stopping you to start today. It’s not too late to give it all you got and see the wonder you can do for the next 6 months. So will you?
The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. – Mark Twain
No one wants to take a risk and fail. We all have an instinct to wait until something is a sure thing before taking the leap. However, that hesitancy can lead to missing out. Instead, we take the risk once you’re sure you have a decent chance of succeeding. I believe you have a chance today to take a risk and to start working, moving and pushing towards your goal.
Let me put some smaller details in to perspective for you…
Starting today you have 5 months, 4 weeks and 2 days remaining. [Being a leap year there is a day more]
- 26 weeks
- 183 days
- 4,392 hours
- 26,3520 minutes
- 15,811,200 seconds
Put some effort in and you could:
- Save an extra $50 or even $100 a week. That is $1,300 or $2,600 by the end of the year. Holiday? New down payment for a car?
- Stop those bad habits… stop buying coffee through the week and you could save another $520 by the end of the year.
- Start tonight doing 1 push up. Adding 1 more each day till the end of the year. NYE you will be doing 183 push ups! You can do this for any exercise.
- Burn 150 calories a night which would equate to nearly 8kgs lost by the end of the year. Imagine 300 calories… or even 500!
- Read a chapter a day (2500 words). With an average book being 18 chapters, you will smash out nearly 10 whole books!
- Start running, targeting 5/10/20km a week and see that by the end of it you will have run 130/260/520km. That’s quite a few marathons!