Today I have a challenge for you to understand the ideas and to appreciate what you have for your current season of life. Ask yourself what ideas you have about life that are currently not being met. You may not answer this – but the most common answer is usually to ‘find work that you’re passionate about and have friends who care about you’. If this is something you also want then continue reading.
Firstly, you should try accepting the reality and find the goodness in the present, rather than comparing your present life to an ideal life. The comparison and the ideals can cause dissatisfaction. The reality isn’t so bad if we let go of the ideals and just see the present moment as it is. If you take the time to look at any moment, even uncomfortable ones, you will find that there is a lot to be curious about, a lot to appreciate, a lot to discover and love. I’m not suggesting you give up your ambitions and aspirations. It’s only difficult when we attach too tightly to them, and then we can become unhappy with the present. I’m suggesting you loosen the attachment to these ideas, turning to the present to appreciate it and that getting to know what’s in front of you is better.
Once you do this and accept what’s in front of you, you reach a place of peace.
Either way, you take action towards your aspiration, but it can be either from a place of dissatisfaction (and wanting to change something crappy) … or a place of acceptance and peace, and wanting to do something good for yourself (or others). As a high level, here is how you can take action in regards to this:
- Notice your dissatisfaction.
- Notice your ideas that you’re holding tightly to.
- Loosen your hold on these ideas, and turn to the present moment.
- Really see the present moment with curiosity, find something to appreciate.
- Accept the present moment completely, with love.
- From this place of peace, respond, take action. It might be an aspiration, or not, but it’s a response from a good place.
“However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. Where there’s life, there’s hope.” – Stephen Hawking
P365 VISUALS will be daily “inspiration” presented by a featured photo with a daily quote / or inspiring words to keep you motivated from a visual perspective. Sounds inspiring right!!
The purpose of this is to once again bring Inspiration, Motivation, and Encouragement to you daily. There will be additional content and small blogs to go with the pictures, however, the focus will be the visuals. The key focus is to provide small yet packing impacts through a visual source and give an opportunity to you the community to have your pictures featured and shared with the rest of the community.
So how can you get involved?
- Make sure you are following us on Facebook
- Make sure you are following us on Instagram
- Make sure you invite/share the content with your friends and family
- Submit your photos… If you would like to have your pictures featured, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Like 2016, 2017 brings new horizons and new opportunities. How we react and take action on these opportunities will ultimately redefine how 2017 will be. What will you do?