If you want to change. You need commitment. As with no commitment, there will be little change. So before you attempt changing, evaluate how committed you are to making the change happen.
“You may delay, but time will not.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
With this all in mind here are some tips to improve productivity and keep yourself from procrastinating:
- Give (10+2)*5 a try – The (10+2)*5 simply means 10 minutes work + 2 minutes break multiplied by 5, completing 1 hour. (more here)
- Use red and blue more often – As per Science Daily, the colour red was found out to increase attention to details while blue sparks creativity as noted here.
- Create a break agenda – Don’t sit around and do nothing, plan to do the things and necessary tasks you would not have a chance to do when working or busy.
- Timetable your tasks – Like any other habits, procrastinating is a tough wall to break. Replace this habit with another habit. Timetables! Schedule what and when you will do it.
- Take it outside – Change the environment. Home is comfy, but try a coffee shop, try a park. These have way different vibes.
- Learn to hack productivity – The idea of being lazy is questionable, but if you can learn to fold a t-shirt in 3 seconds… this is more of a saver than being lazy.
- Delegate – If you can outsource, or have someone do the task for your then why not.
- Gadget and gizmo free – In a technological age, putting down the devices for a short period may go a long way.
- Be prepared – take 15 minutes the night before and prepare whatever you can. (pack bags, organize food, task list)
- 10 minute wake me up – Start the day with a jog, or some quick HIIT. Here are some examples: ways you can use a treadmill or 10 minute, no-equipment needed workout
- Mini steps – Big day or project ahead of you? Break it down into smaller tasks, with checklists and even include your coffee break in there.
- Inspirational Board – Use a whiteboard or backboard to have self motivating quotes and a quick reminder of task lists.
- Redecorate/Arrange room – This will brighten, lighten or enlighten your productivity. Don’t forget the effect of colours.
- Ready the nibbles – Before settling down to smash out a task, have your nibbles prepared earlier, otherwise you will be making stops to the pantry…
- Lock in chores – Have these scheduled and ready to go. But do it as a ‘2 birds 1 stone’ style. i.e. Folding clothes while catching up on Netflix!
At the end of the day – sometimes we just lack the urge to do or go. Well in this case it may just be better to jump in and get your hands dirty, otherwise you never will…
“So what do we do? Anything. Something. So long as we just don’t sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we’ve satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late.” ~ Lee Iacocca
Image by @canva
P365 VISUALS will be daily “inspiration” presented by a featured photo with a daily quote / or inspiring words to keep you motivated from a visual perspective. Sounds inspiring right!!
The purpose of this is to once again bring Inspiration, Motivation, and Encouragement to you daily. There will be additional content and small blogs to go with the pictures, however, the focus will be the visuals. The key focus is to provide small yet packing impacts through a visual source and give an opportunity to you the community to have your pictures featured and shared with the rest of the community.
So how can you get involved?
Make sure you are following us on Facebook
Make sure you are following us on Instagram
Make sure you invite/share the content with your friends and family
Submit your photos… If you would like to have your pictures featured, please send to email@example.com
Like 2016, 2017 brings new horizons and new opportunities. How we react and take action on these opportunities will ultimately redefine how 2018 will be. What will you do?