Happiness comes down to one simple thing. Choice. Happiness can be inspired and influenced, however, ultimately you are the author of how you show, spread and share happiness. Funnily enough, it is common for people to say to be happy you need to be this or that or do this or that. Well, as much as that might be true based on their experiences – it may have worked for them, but what work’s for one won’t always work for another – but what will always remain is how you define and create your own happiness.
“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” James Dean
I honestly think happiness comes down to Life Satisfaction.
You can have the most exciting, fast-paced or loud lifestyle and be both as happy as Larry or dissatisfied than ever before. This also is the same for someone who follows a routine simplified life and appreciates the little things. So how can you be happy? What are some of the key influences?
“Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.” Frank Tyger
Have a read below:
- Stop comparing yourself to other people. So many seemingly happy and successful people are burning themselves alive on the fire of their inner turmoil. Focus on you.
- Socialize. Even if you are an introvert, force yourself into social scenarios that give you the opportunity to meet people and form connections. These connections will put you back in touch with your humanity.
- Make healthy decisions. It is amazing how much exercise and a good diet can change your outlook on the world around you. The negative thoughts in your head that seem so very real and pressing will melt away.
- Do something different. Stop wasting your time trying to find the “perfect hobby.” Pick anything – whether it’s fiber art or coffee tasting. Find something that you can put effort into, build competence, and see results.
- Get in touch with your anchors. We tend to lose these anchors as we get older. Try to better position yourself within any communities you once found a home in, whether that’s your family, your neighborhood, your culture, or your religion.
- Look less ahead. Look less behind. Try to refocus yourself on the current moment more often. Start building memories instead of living in them. Start creating your future instead of just hoping for a better one. If you don’t do this, your life will become a fog that can stretch across your entire time on earth.
- Create. Write in a journal. Paint something. Make up a song even if you will never perform it. Start to fashion the relics that you will leave behind when you are gone.
- Let go. Forgive those who hurt you. I’m sorry you were hurt. But if you do not leave that hurt in the past, it will follow you like a wolf – forever casting a dangerous shadow over everything you do.
- Worry more about the others. Many times it is our own narcissism that destroys us. It seems counter-intuitive, but take some time each day to think about the needs of the other people in your life. Helping them meet those needs will make you happier in a way that you might not understand right now.
- Stop running. There is no such place as “away.” Travel as far as you want, but you will still find yourself waiting for you when you get there. Pull out your sword. It’s time to turn around and fight the dragons inside you.
“Be happy with what you have. Be excitedabout what you want.” Alan Cohen
So what are you doing to keep yourself happy or how are living your life to enable your happiness. Remember it really comes down to your choice. You cannot be forced to be happy, but you can be influenced.
“Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” Peter Hagerty
Photo Credit: Instagram: Photo by Pana Vasquez @Unsplash | Location: Unknown
P365 VISUALS will be daily “inspiration” presented by a featured photo with a daily quote / or inspiring words to keep you motivated from a visual perspective. Sounds inspiring right!!
The purpose of this is to once again bring Inspiration, Motivation, and Encouragement to you daily. There will be additional content and small blogs to go with the pictures, however, the focus will be the visuals. The key focus is to provide small yet packing impacts through a visual source and give an opportunity to you the community to have your pictures featured and shared with the rest of the community.
So how can you get involved?
- Make sure you are following us on Facebook
- Make sure you are following us on Instagram
- Make sure you invite/share the content with your friends and family
- Submit your photos… If you would like to have your pictures featured, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Like 2016, 2017 brings new horizons and new opportunities. How we react and take action on these opportunities will ultimately redefine how 2017 will be. What will you do?